Your Safety and Security
It is important that you understand that we cannot advise on or broker marriage or long-term relationships. The onus still remains on you to decide who is right for you; we just provide the options.
Furthermore, we do not have a contractual obligation, moral or ethical responsibility or the technical means to:
- verify the identity of persons who register as Members or use our Services
- verify or monitor Member Content (although we do reserve the right to monitor Member Content if we consider it appropriate to do so)
As a Member you are advised not to assume that any Member Content is accurate. A person may not be who he or she claims to be. You should at all times exercise the same caution you would normally when you meet people. We cannot be liable for false or misleading statements by Members.
As a Member you at all times remain solely responsible (and liable) for the use of your identification information by third parties or for the actions or statements made through your Member’s account, whether these be fraudulent or not.
When arranging to meet another person through use of the Services, you must take appropriate precautions. Any such meetings are at your own risk and are not our responsibility.
As a Member you agree not to:
- breach any applicable law, regulation or code of conduct through use of the Services
- send any aggressive or threatening messages to any other Member either via the site or via any other form of communication
- be aggressive, threatening or harmful in any way towards other Members when meeting in person
- broadcast or publish in any form whatsoever Member Content, comments or any other content that infringes the rights of others or that is defamatory, injurious, obscene, offensive, violent or can/does incite violence, or is in any way, shape or form racist or xenophobic
- make any comment (whether in writing or verbally) that is contrary to the purpose of any of our sites’ current rules and laws in force or to acceptable norms and standards
- upload photographs, videos or any other information in terms of data or files supplied by a Member that are indecent
- upload photographs, videos or any other information in terms of data or files supplied that do not refer exclusively to the Member or to a third party from whom the Member has expressly obtained consent and are the sole responsibility of the Member concerned
- provide email addresses to us of other persons or publish or send any Member Content referring to other persons without having obtained their prior consent
- reveal through the Services any information that enables the Member to be personally identified or contacted by means other than through the Services, including last name, postal address, email address or telephone number
- use the Services for junk mail, spam, or pyramid or similar or fraudulent schemes
- We reserve the right not to accept or to suspend or remove from our Services all or part of any profile, personal ad or any other Member Content for any reason we deem fit. We also reserve the right to terminate any Member account for any reason we deem fit.
We are not liable for Member Content or other activities of Members which may breach the rights of other Members or third parties.
Members are urged to notify us of inappropriate Member Content. You acknowledge that such notification may take place and that we may take steps outlined in this Agreement in respect of such information which comes to our attention.
We reserve the right to irretrievably delete messages and other Member Content after any period of time if we exercise any right of termination under this Agreement.